My favorite time of year is almost upon us so let's get this started with the first mock of the year.
1. Tennessee Titans: Joey Bosa, DE, Ohio State - The talent in this year’s draft really doesn’t match up well with Tennessee’s needs which is why I think this pick will ultimately get dealt; for now, I’ll put the top player on my board here.
2. Cleveland Browns: Laquon Treadwell, WR, Ole Miss - Of course Cleveland needs a QB, but my guess is that they make a play for one via trade or free agency and grab the top receiver on their board as a weapon.
3. San Diego Chargers: Jalen Ramsey, CB, Florida State
4. Dallas Cowboys: Carson Wentz, QB, North Dakota State - Dallas can groom Wentz for the next couple years while Tony Romo’s collarbone remains in one piece. On second thought, Wentz better keep his legs loose.
5. Jacksonville Jaguars: DeForest Buckner, DE, Oregon - I love the idea of de facto rookie Dante Fowler and Buckner getting after the QB for the next decade in Jacksonville…or London.
6. Baltimore Ravens: Vernon Hargreaves III, CB, Florida
7. San Francisco 49ers: Laremy Tunsil, OT, Ole Miss
8. Miami Dolphins: Ezekiel Elliott, RB, Ohio State - My first surprise. I think EE’s stock will jump during the pre-draft process.
9. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Robert Nkemdiche, DT/DE, Ole Miss
10. New York Giants: Reggie Ragland, LB, Alabama
11. Chicago Bears: Myles Jack, LB, UCLA
12. New Orleans Saints: Emmanuel Ogbah, DE, Oklahoma State
13. Philadelphia Eagles: Shaq Lawson, DE, Clemson
14. Oakland Raiders: Sheldon Rankins, DT, Louisville
15. Los Angeles Rams: Jared Goff, QB, Cal - Weird things happen during the draft, especially as they relate to QBs. I think Goff will end up going much higher than this, but it wouldn’t shock me to see his name on the board here.
16. Detroit Lions: Jack Conklin, OT, Michigan State
17. Atlanta Falcons: Noah Spence, DE, Eastern Kentucky - Ohio State will own Day One and that - officially - won’t even include Spence who started his career as a Buckeye.
18. Indianapolis Colts: Ronnie Stanley, OT, Notre Dame
19. Buffalo Bills: Andrew Billings, DT, Baylor
20. New York Jets: Jaylon Smith, LB, Notre Dame - Too talented to drop much farther than this even if he might have to redshirt his first season.
21. Washington Redskins: Jonathan Bullard, DE/DT, Florida
22. Houston Texans: Jarran Reed, DT, Alabama
23. Minnesota Vikings: Josh Doctson, WR, TCU - Let's get Teddy B some weapons out wide.
24. Cincinnati Bengals: Su’a Cravens, S/LB, USC
25. Pittsburgh Steelers: Eli Apple, CB, Ohio State
26. Seattle Seahawks: Jason Spriggs, OT, Indiana
27. Green Bay Packers: A’Shawn Robinson, DT, Alabama
28. Kansas City Chiefs: Adolphus Washington, DT, Ohio State
29. Arizona Cardinals: Kevin Dodd, DE, Clemson
30. Carolina Panthers: Braxton Miller, WR, Ohio State
31. Denver Broncos: Taylor Decker, OT, Ohio State
Best of the Rest
Sterling Shepard, WR, Oklahoma - Personal favorite of mine
Corey Coleman, WR, Baylor
Leontee Carroo, WR, Rutgers
Sheldon Day, DT, Notre Dame
Chris Jones, DT, Mississippi State
Austin Johnson, DT, Penn State