This is going to be an incredible first round. Anytime you have a draft with a players that has a range from fifth overall to the middle of the second round (Myles Jack), you know it’s going to be entertaining. Another guy, Darron Lee, is a top-10 pick in some mocks. I don’t have him as a Day 1 pick.
Here’s my last attempt at predicting what will happen tonight. It will probably go up in flames as soon as the Titans trade back to the 6-slot when Laremy Tunsil slips, but that’s unavoidable.
1. Los Angeles Rams: Jared Goff, QB, Cal
2. Philadelphia Eagles: Carson Wentz, QB, North Dakota State
3. San Diego Chargers:
Stanley, OT, Notre Dame DeForest
Buckner, DL, Oregon
4. Dallas Cowboys: Ezekiel Elliott, RB, Ohio State
5. Jacksonville Jaguars: Jalen Ramsey, DB, Florida State
6. Baltimore Ravens: Laremy Tunsil, OT, Ole Miss
7. San Francisco 49ers:
Buckner, DL, Oregon Ronnie
Stanley, OT, Notre Dame
8. Cleveland Browns: Joey Bosa, DE, Ohio State
9. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Sheldon Rankins, DT, Louisville
10. New York Giants: Josh Doctson, WR, TCU
11. Chicago Bears: Leonard Floyd, OLB, Georgia
12. New Orleans Saints: Myles Jack, LB, UCLA
13. Miami Dolphins: Vernon Hargreaves, CB, Florida
14. Oakland Raiders: William Jackson, CB, Houston
15. Tennessee Titans: Jack Conklin, OT, Michigan State
16. Detroit Lions: Chris Jones, DT, Mississippi State
17. Atlanta Falcons: Karl Joseph, S, West Virginia
18. Indianapolis Colts: Ryan Kelly, C, Alabama
19. Buffalo Bills: Shaq Lawson, DE, Clemson
20. New York Jets: Reggie Ragland, LB, Alabama
21. Washington Redskins: Vernon Butler, DT, Louisiana Tech
22. Houston Texans: Corey Coleman, WR, Baylor
23. Minnesota Vikings: Robert Nkemdiche, DT, Ole Miss
24. Cincinnati Bengals: Sterling Shephard, WR, Ohlakoma
25. Pittsburgh Steelers: Eli Apple, CB, Ohio State
26. Seattle Seahawks: Jarran Reed, DT, Alabama
27. Green Bay Packers: Mackensie Alexander, CB, Clemson
28. Kansas City Chiefs: Laquon Treadwell, WR, Ole Miss
29. Arizona Cardinals: A’Shawn Robinson, DT, Alabama
30. Carolina Panthers: Taylor Decker, OT, Ohio State
31. Denver Broncos: Paxton Lynch, QB, Memphis
-It wouldn’t shock me if any of these guys were picked in Round 1 either:
Darron Lee, LB, Ohio State
Kevin Dodd, DE, Clemson
Jihad Ward, DE, Illinois
Emmanuel Ogbah, DE, Ohlahoma State
Kamalei Correa, DE, Boise State
Shilique Calhoun, DE, Michigan State
-Hopefully this DB from Houston (Willie Jackson) turns out better than the last one Oakland picked (DJ Hayden). Or maybe, the two work nicely together and raise each other’s games.
-My favorite players in this draft: Doctson, Ragland, and Butler. I also have a soft spot for any quality OU receivers which makes me fond of Shephard.
-I will be disappointed if I don't hit at least 8 of 31 exact picks and any less than 28 first rounders.
-Unfollow me on Twitter (@mspici) if you don't want to get bombarded tonight.