(1) North Carolina 70, (5) Ohio State 60: The Buckeyes successfully slow the pace of the game, but ultimately the superior skill of North Carolina leads to a victory. Game MVP: Rasheed Wallace - 17 points, 8 rebounds, 2 blocks, 1 technical.
(2) Florida 82, (3) Syracuse 64: With an average supporting cast, Carmelo Anthony can't carry the 'Cuse any further. Game MVP: Carmelo Anthony - 32 points, 10 rebounds.
(1) UConn 95, (5) Illinois 65: An exhausted Deron Williams-led Illini squad proves to be little more than a speed bump for the Huskies. Another dominant performance from UConn. Game MVP: Rudy Gay - 26 points, 7 rebounds, 5 assists, 4 steals.
(2) Kansas 84, (3) Georgia Tech 82 (OT): The best game of the weekend. The Yellow Jackets led by Chris Bosh give the Jayhawks all they can handle. After Thad Young fouls out late in regulation, Paul Pierce takes over. Game MVP: Paul Pierce - 25 points including 8 in OT.
(1) Duke 102, (4) LSU 71: The Tigers lack of guards catches up to them, and the Blue Devils show no mercy. Game MVP: Chris Duhon - 10 points, 14 assists.
(2) Arizona 75, (6) Marquette 59: Andre Iguodala proves his worth as he "holds" a depleted Dwyane Wade to 24 points. Game MVP: Gilbert Arenas - 18 points, 9 assists.
(1) UCLA 80, (5) Georgetown 49: The Bruins, recognizing how old the Hoyas are, run and up and down the court reminding fans of the Jim Harrell heyday of the early 90's. Hide the women and children because this one got ugly. Game MVP: Trevor Ariza - 20 points, 10 rebounds, 5 steals.
(2) Wake Forest , (3) Kentucky : The Wildcats match up decently with the Demon Deacons, but after resting for the better part of the second half in Round 1, Wake's "Big Three" combine for 65 points. Game MVP: Tim Duncan - 30 points, 12 rebounds.