Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Tattoos, monocles, bears and other thoughts and observations

*Loyal readers know that I am a huge fan of neck ink. If I didn't have to work for a living, I would even consider donning some myself. However, while watching the Nuggets-Lakers game the other night, I encountered a neck first:

JR Smith has overlapping neck ink. The palette, which doubles as his Adam's Apple, has a New York Yankees' logo and what looks like some script writing that begins somewhere under his ear and ends directly in the middle of his throat.

You really have to love tattoos to overlap them. . . or you just have to get drunk enough not to care.

*Wouldn't new Hornets coach Jeff Bower be much cooler if he wore a monocle? If anyone can pull it off, I think it's him.




*I could use some upsets if my Georgia Tech-BCS Champ prediction is going to come to fruition.

*Who came up with this terrible idea?

*Reason #12 that bears don't make good pets: they can eat you anytime they want.

*Is it just me or do this year's top incoming freshman have great names, almost video game-like:

John Wall - Derrick Favors - DeMarcus Cousins - Wally Judge - Dominic Cheek, great names all.

For what it's worth, my favorite name on an actual person that belongs in a video game: David Freese (St. Louis Cardinals 3B prospect)

*Jamal Lewis, in reference to Jim Brown, was recently quoted as saying, "I always wanted to follow in his footsteps."

Memo to Jamal: When discussing Jim Brown, please make sure to qualify all statements in a manner that makes it perfectly clear you are only talking about his play on the field and not his off-the-field exploits. Brown's post-playing career is bordering on OJ-esque as he has been accused of spousal abuse at least four times.

*I really hope U2 finds whatever it is they are "looking for." And, soon.

*Living in the big city, I don't get to do much driving. Last week, however, I was at my parents' house on Long Island and saw a great bumper sticker: "My pooch is smarter then your honor student." My first thought: Maybe, your pooch can teach you the difference between "then" and "than."

No comments:

Post a Comment