My first and only shot at this:
1. Wizards: John Wall, PG, Kentucky - If this surprises you, clearly you have not been paying attention.
2. 76ers: Evan Turner, SG, Ohio State - Talent distribution on this team could not be worse as their bigs are terrible while the guards are very, very solid. Turner will be too good to pass up here, though.
3. Nets: Derrick Favors, PF, Georgia Tech
4. Wolves: Wesley Johnson, SF, Syracuse
5. Kings: DeMarcus Cousins, C, Kentucky - Apparently, the enigma known as DC wowed the brass in Sacto, and they are clearly unafraid to take risks on players with character flaws (see Tyreke Evans, 2009).
6. Warriors: Al-Farouq Aminu, SF, Wake Forest
7. Pistons: Ekpe Udoh, PF, Baylor - Joe Dumars and Co. would be stuck in no man's land here as the rest of the draft's prospects could very well be busts if taken this high. Udoh would help defensively right away, and in Motor City, that carries a lot of weight.
8. Clippers: Luke Babbitt, SF, Nevada - Should be able to spread the floor for last year's top pick Blake Griffin.
9. Jazz: Greg Monroe, PF, Utah
10. Pacers: Ed Davis, PF, North Carolina - Another Tar Heel in the Hoosier State.
11. Hornets: Gordon Hayward, SF, Butler
12. Wolves: Paul George, SF, Fresno State
13. Raptors: Cole Aldrich, C, Kansas - Ho hum guy that won't wow you but will be a dependable presence for many years. Seems like what you would want from a late lottery pick.
14. Rockets: Craig Brackins, PF, Iowa State - My surprise of Round 1.
15. Bucks: James Anderson, SG, Oklahoma State
16. Grizzlies: Patrick Patterson, PF, Kentucky - Amazing that a team with four of the top 16 picks couldn't win the NCAA tournament.
17. Bulls: Dominique Jones, SG, South Florida - A Ben Gordon-type with better point guard skills. His scoring will be a welcome addition to this team in desperate need of it.
18. Thunder: Avery Bradley, G, Texas - A shutdown guard that did very little in his one year college stay.
19. Celtics: Eric Bledsoe, PG, Kentucky
20. Spurs: Eliot Williams, G, Memphis
21. Thunder: Solomon Alabi, C, Florida State - The defensive presence they could have used in this year's playoffs.
22. Blazers: Quincy Pondexter, SF, Washington - They struck gold the last time they went with a Washington player.
23. Wolves: Xavier Henry, SG, Kansas
24. Hawks: Jordan Crawford, SG, Xavier
25. Grizzlies: Damion James, SF, Texas
26. Thunder: Kevin Seraphin, PF, France
27. Nets: Trevor Booker, PF, Clemson
28. Grizzlies: Larry Sanders, C, VCU
29. Magic: Devin Ebanks, SF, West Virginia
30. Wizards: Hassan Whiteside, C, Marshall
*Kentucky C Daniel Orton will not be drafted in the first round. Thunder GM Sam Presti has been sending out signals that his team loves the big man. I can see right through this brilliant ploy (Orton is not that good and has two questionable knees), and I think all the other GMs will too. Although, that might be giving Dave Kahn too much credit.
*Last year, Dave Kahn drafted two point guards in the top six picks. This year he's trying to trade franchise cornerstone Al Jefferson. How long can we let this go on?