Monday, October 4, 2010

11 Things I Know I Know

1. I know the Chicago Bears cannot be taken seriously after giving up nine sacks in the first half of last night's game against the Giants, a pathetic showing from offensive line and quarterback both. 3-0 may not have been a mirage, but it certainly does not look promising for Lovie Smith and his crew.
 
2. I know the St. Louis Rams are tied for first place and have a legitimate shot at making the playoffs. Sam Bradford has been everything the organization hoped for, and the NFC West has been pathetic - 49ers are 0-4,  Seahawks can't win on the road, Cardinals have no quarterback. If they can beat the Lions on Sunday, the Rams will be over .500 for the first time since 2006.
 
3. I know the Eagles are in deep, deep trouble if Michael Vick is out for an extended period of time. Kevin Kolb looked terrible, and the team's running backs are all banged up.
 
4. I know Andy Reid needs to hire someone that understands clock management. Getting called for a delay of game after a timeout is inexcusable. Not the first time something like this has happened either.
 
5. I know LT's not done just yet. He's seventh in the league in rushing and boasts an impressive 6.1 yards per carry. The Jets are for real, sitting 3-1 with no help from Calvin Pace and Santonio Holmes and little help from Darrelle Revis.
 
6. I know Shaun Phillips had a career day against the Cardinals yesterday. The Chargers LB recorded six tackles, four sacks, an interception returned for a touchdown, and broke up two passes. Have a day.
 
7. I know the Falcons and the Saints are lucky to be 3-1 after four weeks. Neither team deserved to win yesterday, but both persevered much to the delight of Survivor Pool entrants nationwide. Michael Turner looks worn out already.
 
8. I know Joe Flacco grew up yesterday. What an impressive late-game drive at precisely the right time. His touchdown pass to TJH was a thing of beauty. The Ravens looked pretty impressive too. Ray Lewis looked like a wide receiver on his game-clinching interception. This won't be the last we hear of the Steelers though.
 
9. I know Josh Scobee saved the season for Jacksonville with his game-winning 59-yarder at the gun. The Jaguars find themselves only a game behind the Texans for first in the division. If they had lost, jacksonville would have been two back of Houston and Indy. Scobee is now 5-5 on field goals of 40 yards or more.
 
10. I know that if you told me before week one the Chiefs would be the only undefeated team in the league, I would have assumed you were clinically insane. Yet, that is exactly where we stand after four weeks (minus tonight's game). Great turnaround. I think I just heard the '72 Dolphins popping the champagne again.
 
11. I know the Patriots will win a shootout tonight, 38-30. Tom Brady thrives under the bright lights.

No comments:

Post a Comment