Friday, October 15, 2010

NFL: Week 6 Picks

Gambling should be about value and opportunity not loyalty. One week, you'll back a team, the next you'll back their opponent. This week, however, I'm going against the grain and displaying loyalty to two teams that have treated me well this season: Pittsburgh and St. Louis. We'll see how that turns out.
 
St. Louis +9: San Diego has been terrible on the road this year losing all three games away from Southern California.
 
Oakland +6.5: The Raiders are coming off a huge victory against the Chargers while the 49ers are winless on the year. Yes, San Fran will be desperate, but there's a reason (or many reasons) that they haven't notched a victory yet.
 
Pittsburgh -13.5: I think my wallet will appreciate any and all opportunities to wager against Colt McCoy on the road.
 
Best Bet- Jets / Broncos Over 41: A gambler's dream. Denver has the second best passing offense; the Jets have the 23rd-ranked passing defense. The Jets have the league's best rushing attack; the Broncos allow the 23rd-most rushing yards per game. I fully expect a shootout.
 
Upset- Atlanta +3: The Falcons, for my money, are the best team in the NFC. Even though Michael Vick isn't playing, I think Matt Ryan and Atlanta want to send a little message.

 
Record: 13-11-1 (Best Bet: 3-2; Upset 2-2-1)

No comments:

Post a Comment