Thursday, March 17, 2011

My Bracket



I haven't seen much love on the web for Kentucky or San Diego State so I'm hoping those two selections will distinguish my bracket from the rest. I'm a big believer in the Wildcats and thought they got shafted with a 4-seed despite crushing Florida (another one of my Final Four teams) in the SEC title game.

I played home court advantage along with my newly developed formula which accounted for offensive and defensive points scored / allowed per possession, turnovers, and rebounding. It also factored in star power and the three leading scorers per team. Looking back, I wouldn't be devastated if it doesn't work because it was a little complex.

For posterity, here were the top 10 teams by my formula (one glaring omission: does not take into account strength of schedule): Ohio State, Pitt, San Diego State, Utah State, Kentucky, Texas, Cincinnati, Old Dominion, Kansas, Florida

Teams that were vastly overrated, per my formula: Georgetown, UCLA, St. John's, Vanderbilt, Kansas State, North Carolina

Teams that were egregiously underrated, per my formula: Utah State, Cincinnati, Old Dominion, Texas A&M, Villanova, Gonzaga
We'll see in a few weeks - likely sooner - how wise this formula was.

No comments:

Post a Comment