Saturday, September 24, 2011

College Football: Week 4 Picks

Last week, I was able to take advantage of two of the three opportunities I saw on the board. The Mean Green had me a little nervous when they surrendered three early 4th quarter touchdowns, but they kept the Tide off the board the rest of the way to cover. OU used a nice 10-0 spurt in the final frame to hold off FSU.

Another relatively boring bunch of game's this weekend, but let's it's just as kind as last.

Pittsburgh +7: I've wagered against the Fighting Irish three times (two wins) in three weeks already, but I think the Panthers keep this one close on their home soil.

Florida State +3: This line has shifted SIX points in four days as FSU opened as a three-point favorite. A touchdown shift is almost unheard of when the spread is this close to Pick 'em. I think the Seminoles are extra motivated after losing on national tv last week, and Clemson is a bit overrated (see: barely beating Wofford at home).

Pick of the Week - San Diego State +10.5: Can Brady Hoke's former team spring the upset in the Big House? I hope so because the Aztecs are my sleeper BCS crasher this season and a win here would be enormous for their chances.

Upset - West Virginia +6: Just have a gut feeling about this one. The atmosphere will be crazy, and I think Geno Smith arrives on the national stage.


Record: 11-4 (PoW: 3-0; Upset: 1-2)

No comments:

Post a Comment