Sunday, December 30, 2012

11 Things I Know I Know: Week 17

1. I know the Texans should be ashamed of their performances over the last two weeks. From top seed with homefield advantage until the Super Bowl to the third seed with absolutely no shot of reaching the Super Bowl in eight days. Pathetic.

On the flip side, I can't give Chuck Pagano and Bruce Arians for the job they did on Sunday and over the entire season. A trip to the playoffs well-deserved.


I know this Colts Superfan is not married.

2. I know the Falcons should join the Texans in their ashamity (not a word, just go with it). Atlanta started all of their regulars and played them all game, and they still lost to the 6-9 Bucs team that had lost five straight games. Matty Ice better step it up or the Falcons will be one and done.

3. I know that unless the Packers make it to New Orleans, the AFC will win the Super Bowl.

4. I know Adrian Peterson should be this season's MVP.

5. I know the most disappointing team of the year was the Detroit Lions. They went from 10-6 a year ago to 4-12. Aside from Calvin Johnson breaking the receiving yardage record, this was a wasted season and one to forget in Motown.

6. I know the teams I'm most looking forward to seeing improve next year are Carolina and Cleveland. I was a year early on the bandwagon for these two, but I fully expect Cam Newton and Brandon Weeden leading their respective teams to the postseason. There's still plenty of room to join now.

7. I know the Ravens were a Ray Rice miracle 4th-and-29 play away from being the sixth seed in the AFC and having to go to Houston next weekend where they likely would have been six point 'dogs. Instead, they will host the Colts and be favored by about a touchdown.

8. I know the Chiefs and Jaguars will pick first and second, respectively in April's draft. Unfortunately, this year's class lacks the no-doubters that last year's crop had. There are no Andrew Lucks or RG IIIs out there. In fact, offensive and defensive linemen might be taken with each of the draft's top ten selections. The Raiders, Eagles, Lions, Browns, and Cardinals round out the top seven. The Jets will pick ninth.

9. I know I liked: a) the NFL scheduling 16 intra-division games in Week 17;
b) Deji Karim's kick return touchdown when he sprinted straight up the field from one goal line to the other without juking anyone;
c) the standing ovation given to #Chuckstrong by everyone in the building in Indy, including the opposing Texans;
d) Philly's onside kick to open the game;
e) Antonio Brown hugging and lifting a kid as part of his touchdown celebration; and
f) the catch of the day being made by Cardinals offensive lineman Senio Kelemete.

10. I know I disliked: a) any coach that calls a run up the middle on 2nd-and1 (take a shot down the field);
b) seeing Kahlil Bell - who was released by the Bears and the Jets this season only to be picked up again by Chicago - getting 3rd-and-1 carries late in the third quarter instead of Matt Forte;
c) Gary Kubiak not going for two after scoring a touchdown to get to 14-12; and
d) turning off the RedZone Channel and my boy Scott Hanson for the last time this season.

11. I know six head coaches will be fired on Black Monday. Gimme Andy Reid, Norv Turner, Chan Gailey, Pat Shurmur, and Mike Munchak for the win please.

(Bonus) 12. I know that FanDuel is my new second-favorite site on the internet (behind TheSportsBanter.com). I highly recommend giving it a shot and when you do, use this link.


Thanks to all the readers for your comments and feedback this year. I will try to mix in an 11 Things article at some point during the playoffs so check but can't make any promises.

"11 Things I Know I Know" is my feeble attempt to trump the untrumpable SI.com's Peter King and his "10 Things I Think I Think" is my favorite article each week.

No comments:

Post a Comment