1) Kansas City (TSB): Luke Joeckel, OT, Texas A&M
2) Jacksonville (Ricky): Eric Fisher, OT, Central Michigan
3) Oakland (TSB): Sharrif Floyd, DT, Florida
4) Philadelphia (Ricky): Dion Jordan, DE/OLB, Oregon
5) Detroit (TSB): Lane Johnson, OT, Oklahoma
6) Cleveland (Ricky): Ezekiel Ansah, DE, BYU
7) Arizona (TSB): Jon Cooper, G, North Carolina
8) Buffalo (Ricky): Ryan Nassib, QB, Syracuse
9) New York Jets (TSB): Dee Milliner, CB, Alabama
Need to break out some analysis here. The Jets have more gaping holes on their team than Tamerlan Tsarnaev did once the Boston PD found him. Look at the positions they need to address (in order of importance): QB, CB, WR, RB, DE, S, and OG. Oh, and they have no money to spend this year. The towel has been thrown on 2013 so let’s focus on 2014.
QB: Mark Sanchez might be the perfect answer this season because we want to lose as many games as possible. No better QB in the league to get that done than Sanchez. I’m staying away from Geno Smith for that reason.
CB: I hate the Revis trade for so many reasons. Among others: 1- He was the Jets best player; 2- It kills their cap this year, 3- Kyle Wilson is now a starter, and 4- This is not a strong draft. Milliner can’t sniff Revis’ jock but he’s the best on the board right now, and he’s a huge upgrade over Wilson. He also isn’t fully healthy at this moment so I ‘m ok with his taking the whole season to prep for 2014.
WR/RB/TE: I know I sound like a broken record, but this team needs playmakers. Unfortunately this is too early to grab one. Not a good year for skill guys in this draft. I considered Tavon Austin, Nuke Hopkins, and even Tyler Eifert, but the value just isn’t there.
DE: I think there will be some options at 13 to address this position.
S: I like Kenny Vaccaro, but not enough to take him in the top 13. We’ll find one in the later rounds.
G: The only other guy I considered here was Chance Warmack. It’s tough to get excited about interior linemen though so if he’s available at 13, great. If not, we’ll likely go DE.
10) Tennessee (Ricky): Chance Warmack, G, Alabama
11) San Diego (TSB): Star Lotulelei, DT, Utah
12) Miami (Ricky): DJ Hayden, CB, Houston
13) New York Jets from TB (TSB): Jarvis Jones, OLB/DE, Georgia
I would be happy with Jones here, but best case scenario would be trading down deeper into the round (for Eifert, Hopkins, Austin, or Vaccaro) and adding some picks.
14) Carolina (Ricky): Sheldon Richardson, DT, Missouri
15) New Orleans (TSB): Barkevious Mingo, OLB/DE, LSU
16) St. Louis (Ricky): Tavon Austin, WR, West Virginia
17) Pittsburgh (TSB): Bjoern Werner, DE, Florida State
18) Dallas (Ricky): DJ Fluker, OT, Alabama
19) New York Giants (Ricky): Cornellius “Tank” Carradine, DE, FSU
I’m convinced the Giants only draft certain types of players: a top-10 player who unexpectedly falls in their lap, or a defensive end. They have insanely obvious gaping holes at LB (among others), but refuse to improve that area of their defense. I do think that the guys they do draft end up helping. I believe a LB would help more than anything, but that’s simply not an option in round 1 with this front office. Tank Carradine was a big-time prospect before he blew out his knee this past season, but has a reputation as a guy with a high motor (no, seriously) and a guy with great leadership qualities. Those are in line with the Giants way. He’s only 5 or so months removed from ACL surgery and just ran a 4.75 40 at 6’5/270, impressive and not even fully recovered. He’s a guy that could be the annual “steal of the draft” and rotate in nicely with starters in place in NY. He won’t be rushed back and will be in one of the best situations a DE could find himself to adjust to the pro game.
20) Chicago (TSB): Tyler Eifert, TE, Notre Dame
21) Cincinnati (TSB): Alec Ogletree, LB, Georgia
22) St. Louis from WASH (Ricky): Kenny Vaccaro, S, Texas
23) Minnesota (TSB): Nuke Hopkins, WR, Clemson
24) Indianapolis (Ricky): Desmond Trufant, CB, Washington
25) Minnesota from SEA (TSB): Sylvester Williams, DT, North Carolina
26) Green Bay (Ricky): Eddie Lacy, RB, Alabama
27) Houston (TSB): Menelik Watson, OT, Florida State
28) Denver (Ricky): Xavier Rhodes, CB, Florida State
29) New England (TSB): Cordarrelle Patterson, WR, Tennessee
30) Atlanta (Ricky): Kyle Long, OL, Oregon
31) San Francisco (TSB): Datone Jones, DE, UCLA
32) Baltimore (Ricky): Manti Teo, LB, Notre Dame
33) Jacksonville (TSB): Geno Smith, QB, West Virginia
34) San Francisco from KC (Ricky): Jon Cyprien, S, FIU
35) Philadelphia (TSB): EJ Manuel, QB, Florida State
36) Detroit (Ricky): Jamar Taylor, CB, Boise State
37) Cincinnati from Oakland (TSB): Eric Reid, S, LSU
38) Arizona (Ricky): Kevin Minter, LB, LSU
Cleveland (exercised in 2012 supplemental draft)
39) New York Jets (TSB): Robert Woods, WR, USC
40) Tennessee (Ricky): Zach Ertz, TE, Stanford
41) Buffalo (TSB): Justin Hunter, WR, Tennessee
42) Miami (Ricky): Terron Armstead, OT, APB
43) Tampa Bay (TSB): Margus Hunt, DE, SMU
44) Carolina (Ricky): Matt Elam, S, Florida
New Orleans (forfeited)
45) San Diego (TSB): Justin Pugh, OT, Syracuse
46) St. Louis (Ricky): Jon Jenkins, DT, Georgia
47) Dallas (TSB): Arthur Brown, LB, Kansas State
48) Pittsburgh (Ricky): Keenan Allen, WR, Cal
49) New York Giants (Ricky): Khaseem Green, LB, Rutgers
50) Chicago (TSB): Travis Frederick, C, Wisconsin
51) Washington (TSB): Gavin Escobar, TE, San Diego State
52) Minnesota (Ricky): Johnthan Banks, CB, Mississippi State
53) Cincinnati (TSB): Jon Franklin, RB, UCLA
54) Miami from Indianapolis (Ricky): Ryan Swope, WR, Texas A&M
55) Green Bay (TSB): Corey Lemonier, LB, Auburn
56) Seattle (Ricky): Kawann Short, DT, Purdue
57) Houston (TSB): Terrance Williams, WR, Baylor
58) Denver (Ricky): Blidi Wreh-Wilson, CB, Connecticut
59) New England (TSB): Sanders Commings, CB, Georgia
60) Atlanta (Ricky): Cornelius Washington, DE/LB, Georgia
61) San Francisco (TSB): Matt Barkley, QB, USC
62) Baltimore (Ricky): Robert Alford, CB, Southeast Louisiana