Wednesday, October 2, 2013

College Football Picks: Week 6



Went 4-2 last week including the gimme-of-the-week (Houston). As soon as the game got underway, I was kicking myself for only risking 4.4 units. No complaining after winning weeks though. Mostly going heavy on one play below along with some teasers.

Northwestern +7: 2.8 units to win 2.5 units
Teaser- Oklahoma Pk / Georgia Pk / Nevada +15.5: 3.0 units to win 2.5 units
Teaser- Maryland +25.5 / Marshall -4 / NO Saints +10: 3.0 units to win 2.5 units

Upset of the Week- BYU +7: 3.3 units to win 2.5 units

(Combo) Pick of the Week- Georgia State +56: 12.0 units to win 10.0 units AND Georgia State-Alabama Over 59: 12.0 units to win 10.0 units

As long as Bama doesn’t win 56-, 57-, 58-, or 59-0, I will cover one side of the bet. I know Vegas is good, but can they really predict the final score of a 60-minute game between two teams that have no business being on the same field to within four points? [Note: I reserve the right to re-read this Saturday night while punching myself for ever questioning Vegas.]

If Georgia State – a team averaging 17 points per game, albeit against far lesser competition – can just successfully kick a field goal, I cover at least one side of the wager.

If they can somehow score multiple times and only lose by 50, I can win both sides. How about 63-10 for the win (x2)?

Overall Record: 19-9 (+41.2 units)
Upset: 2-2
PoW: 3-1
PoY: 1-0

No comments:

Post a Comment