Wednesday, April 24, 2019

NFL Draft Thoughts/Predictions

A bunch of random draft thoughts and predictions:

-This is a bad draft class overall, and it starts with the subpar quarterbacks. Daniel Jones is easily the most overrated, but Kyler Murray will play in fewer than 2.5 Pro Bowls in his career...which will be the most of any quarterback taken tomorrow night.

-Daniel Jones is Ryan Nassib 2.0.

-The offensive skill position players are also underwhelming. Maybe that's why everyone wants to trade down.

-In three of the last four drafts, the Jets have taken players that many argued were the best in the class despite not having the top pick (2015: Leonard Williams, 6th overall; 2017: Jamal Adams, 6th overall; 2018: Sam Darnold: 3rd overall). Could history repeat itself with Nick Bosa falling to #3? I'm not counting on it, but stranger things have happened. I'm also hoping Greg Little falls to the top of the third round so the Jets can pounce.

-I would love to see Devin Bush slide to #20 so he can replace Ryan Shazier in Pittsburgh.

-If the Giants take Dwayne Haskins at #6, they are the big winners of the draft process because they have thrown everyone off that scent.

-Does taking a tight end in the top 10 ever work out? Nope. That's why I have the Bills taking Hockenson at #9.

-I don't get all of the Josh Jacobs hype. He didn't start until the second half of his junior year, and now we are convinced he's the no-doubt best running back in this class? I'll take shares of Trayveon Williams 60 picks later.

-I also don't understand why Greedy Williams is dropping like a rock. He's 6'2" and flies. Are we really worried that he's not a great run defender?

-I hope I'm wrong because I love athletic freaks, but DK Metcalf has bust written all over him. Workout wonders don't always translate to on-field success. He has me worried. I'll take shares of Kelvin Harmon two rounds later.

-My favorite fits for player/team: Devin White/Lions and Brian Burns/Falcons.

-My favorite prop bet: Parris Campbell to be first wide receiver selected at 40-1. Worth a few sheckels.

-Three guys that I have not seen in any first round mocks that might sneak into the top 32 (aside from Parris Campbell): QB Ryan Finley, DB Nasir Adderley, and OL Chris Lindstrom

No comments:

Post a Comment