Friday, September 4, 2009

College Football Picks - Week 1

The Picks

Western Michigan +13: I'll believe Michigan has turned the corner when I see it.

Baylor / Wake Forest Under 53.5: As we saw last night, it takes a while for the offenses to kick into gear. I could see 24 points winning this game.

Alabama / Virginia Tech Over 38: I know these defenses are good, but there are too many athletes in this game for us not to see some points scored.

Maryland +21: Cal is perennially overrated. Maryland is perennially underrated. Seems like a perfect match.

San Jose State +34: Matt Barkley might be a superstar eventually, but San Jose State can defend the pass. I don't like this matchup for him.

Miami / Florida State Under 48: It seems like every year this game is a defensive battle.


Pick of the Week

Nevada +14.5: I think Nevada has a shot to win this game outright. The media (ahem, Lou Holtz) have been all over the Irish pegging them to be a BCS-contender. Not so fast my friend.


Season Record: 0-0 (Pick of the Week: 0-0)

No comments:

Post a Comment