Friday, September 9, 2011

College Football: Week 2 Picks

One quick note on last week’s picks, then we’ll get to week two.

I happened to be in Vegas this past weekend celebrating this season’s kickoff. After seeing the lines for the Troy-Clemson (lower than expected) and South Florida-Notre Dame (higher than expected) games, I actually decided to back USF and not Troy. I should have posted my pick change but did not. You’ll just have to take my word for it. I digress.

On to the picks….

Ball State +22.5 - BSU is coming off a huge (for them) victory against in-state rival Indiana while South Florida is feeling really good about themselves after a win at Notre Dame. I don’t think the Bulls played great though and might take this opponent lighter than they should.

Michigan +4.5 - Brian Kelly and the Irish are desperate after only one week and have benched starter Dayne Crist for Tommy Rees. Rees, however, is no savior. This would be a huge win to start the Brady Hoke era.

Auburn +6.5 - The Tigers survived last week, and I am betting that was the wake-up call they needed.

Stanford -21 - Andrew Luck against a team that lost to Richmond last week? Yes, please.

Pick of the Week: Alabama -10 - I really can’t see any reason this spread is so low. What players does Penn State have? They can’t even decide on a QB (truth be told, ‘Bama hasn’t “officially named one either” but everyone knows AJ McCarron will be under center come Saturday).

Upset of the Week: BYU +7 – After an incredible, albeit ugly, road victory over Ole Miss, the Mormons are riding high. Texas didn’t wow me against a weak opponent (Rice) and I think they are primed to be upset.

Record: 4-2 (PoW: 1-0; Upset: 0-1)

No comments:

Post a Comment